This draft report was prepared for Partners for a Competitive Workforce by the Community Building Institute
The full draft report can be viewed here.
The Walnut Hills Snapshot can be viewed here.
Walnut Hills Population
- Walnut Hills’ population decreased from 7,790 in 2000 to 6,495 in 2010. In 2012, the population is estimated to have decreased to 5,902.
- Walnut Hills makes up roughly 2% of the city of Cincinnati’s overall population.
Walnut Hills Unemployment Rate
- A little more than one in four (25.7%) Walnut
Hills adults that are in the labor force are
- Nearly one in two (45.2%) Walnut Hills young
adults in the labor force are unemployed.
- The unemployment rate for young adults
is a little less than twice that of the overall
unemployment rate for all adults in Walnut
- Walnut Hills has the highest overall
unemployment for adults and young adults
Walnut Hills Unemployment by Age
- The chart shows the percent of adults in the
labor force by age group that are unemployed.
The number indicates the total estimated
number of unemployed for each age group.
- Young adults have the highest rate of
unemployment in Walnut Hills.
- A little more than one in five (21.1%) Walnut
Hills adults aged 25 to 44 years old are
unemployed. This age group accounts for the
largest number of unemployed, followed by
- Just over one in four (25.2%) of Walnut
Hills adults aged 45 to 59 years old are